Survival English Program
Survival English Program is designed to efficiently and strategically help beginner level students of English master survival English. The course is for students with limited or no English language proficiency. The course is taught in one stream, the Bilingual Stream. The course has 100 hours of instructional time (5 hours per day for 4 weeks). The course is a functional and situational syllabus, with a focus on essential functions and essential situations for the use of English.
Successful completion of the program is recognized to meet the English Language proficiency requirements for the 8-month English for Academic Purposes Program.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Understand basic English when presented in oral and written form.
- Produce basic English in oral and written form.
- Understand and produce simple grammar (simple tenses, continuous tenses, present perfect).
- Understand and produce simple vocabulary for everyday items and everyday situations.
- Communicate effectively and comprehensibly in simple, everyday situations.
Criteria for Passing the Course
In order to pass the course, students must:
- Attend at least 90% of the classes.
- Achieve at least 75% on the weekly quizzes and practice tests.
Monday to Friday
|Morning Class (Optional)||
9:30 – 10:00
|10:00 – 12:00|
12:00 – 1:00
1:00 – 3:00
3:00 – 4:00