UCN is an institution devoted to community and northern development and reflects the Aboriginal reality and cultural diversity of northern Manitoba.
The University College of the North will:
- Provide an integrated college and university approach to offer northern Manitoba greater access to the breadth of post-secondary education
- Provide post-secondary education and training fundamental to the social and economic development of northern Manitoba in a culturally sensitive and collaborative manner
- Provide the learner with community centered education and training characterized by a culture of openness, inclusiveness and tolerance and respectful of Aboriginal and northern values
- Ensure that elders have a unique role in fostering an environment of openness, inclusiveness and tolerance that is respectful of Aboriginal and northern values
Office Assistant Program
The Office Assistant certificate program is designed to develop the proficiency in office skills needed to succeed in an entry-level administrative position. Students will learn essential business skills such as computer applications, keyboarding, filing, business communications, bookkeeping, and Administrative office procedures. Students learn to enhance their employability skills, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to a changing environment.
Students will receive theory and practice that reflect current trends in business and the requirements of prospective employers. A work practicum placement in a real world business setting provides students with an opportunity to combine newly developed skills and knowledge with on-the-job training.
This one-year certificate program opens a broad range of career opportunities in private business as well as federal, provincial, municipal, Metis, and First Nations offices. Graduates have found employment as office assistants, administrative clerks, administrative assistants, bookkeepers, payroll/personnel clerks, finance clerks, receptionists, data-entry clerks, and desktop publishers.
Graduates may choose to pursue certification through the Microsoft Office Specialist Program in the following designations:
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Office Expert
- Microsoft Office Master
Those who wish to continue their education may apply course credits to the Business Administration diploma program. The Business Administration diploma program transfers to the Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (B.B.A.).
156-1483 Pembina Hwy， Winnipeg，MB R3T 2C6