English for Academic Purposes
The aim of the English for Academic Purposes program is to provide students with the English language and academic skills required by Canadian university programs. Successful completion of the Global Education EAP program will considered as the prerequisite for direct entry to GELI’s partner colleges or universities.
English for Academic Purposes Program has 6 level in total (8 months): ESL 1, ESL 2, ESL 3, ESL 4, EAP 1 and EAP 2. There are 4-week classes for each ESL level, 25 hours of classes per week. There are 8-week classes for each EAP level, 25 hours of classes per week.
- IELTS 4; or
- Successful completion of the Survival English Program is recognized to meet the English Language proficiency requirements for the English for Academic Purposes Program.
The EAP Pathway Program is for you if:
- You have finished high school and want to enroll in an undergraduate program (diploma or Bachelor‘s degree) at a Canadian university or college
- You have graduated from university and are planning to enroll in a postgraduate program (Master‘s degree or postgraduate certification)
- You want to be prepared for Canada’s challenging higher education standards and succeed
Course Design And Approximate Equivalencies
|PATHWAY Levels||EAP Levels||TOEFL||IELTS||Length|
|Fundamental||ESL 1||Under 31||Under 4||4 Weeks|
|ESL 2||31 – 34||4.0 – 4.5||4 Weeks|
|Intermediate||ESL 3||34 – 45||4.5 – 5.0||4 Weeks|
|ESL 4||45 – 59||5.0 – 5.5||4 Weeks|
|Advanced 1||EAP 1||59 – 78||5.5 – 6.0||8 Weeks|
|Advanced 2||EAP 2||78 and above||6.0 and above||8 Weeks|
The grading for English for Academic Purpose is derived from the cumulative grade of all class assignments, including tests, writing assignments, presentations, participations and attendance. Students must achieve 75% or higher in their cumulative grade in order to advance into higher level courses.
In order to pass the course, students must:
- Attend at least 90% of the classes
- Achieve an average score of 75% in the final exam with no less than 70% in writing or speaking
Monday to Friday
|Morning Class (Optional)||
9:30 – 10:00
|10:00 – 12:00|
12:00 – 1:00
1:00 – 3:00
3:00 – 4:00
Course Starting Dates
|January 2, 2018||8 Weeks|
|January 29, 2018||8 Weeks|
|March 5, 2018||8 Weeks|
|April 2, 2018||8 Weeks|
|May 7, 2018||8 Weeks|
|June 4, 2018||8 Weeks|
|July 9, 2018||8 Weeks|
More level description please ask Winnipeg Global Education Language Institute.